About the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner CASP+ (CAS-004) Exam
CASP+ is an advanced-level cybersecurity certification covering technical skills in security architecture and senior security engineering in traditional, cloud, and hybrid environments, governance, risk, and compliance skills, assessing an enterprise’s cybersecurity readiness, and leading technical teams to implement enterprise-wide cybersecurity solutions. Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to:
- Architect, engineer, integrate, and implement secure solutions across complex environments to support a resilient enterprise
- Use monitoring, detection, incident response, and automation to proactively support ongoing security operations in an enterprise environment
- Apply security practices to cloud, on-premises, endpoint, and mobile infrastructure, while considering cryptographic technologies and techniques
- Consider the impact of governance, risk, and compliance requirements throughout the enterprise
CASP+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation, because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 2.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.
|LAUNCH DATE:||October 6. 2021|
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS:||Multiple choice questions (single and multiple response) and performance based|
|LENGTH OF TEST:||165 Minutes|
|PASSING SCORE:||Pass/Fail only. No scaled score.|
|RECOMMENDED EXPERIENCE:||A minimum of ten years of general hands-on IT experience, with at least five years of broad hands-on security experience|
|RETIREMENT:||Usually three years after launch|
* The retirement dates stated herein are the current dates provided by the respective vendor and can vary.
When preparing for your exam, it is very important that you not only KNOW what domain objectives will be covered on the exam, but that you UNDERSTAND each objective. Within the Domain Objectives section you will see how each domain is weighted on the exam. Carefully, review each domain in detail and use the added tools available to assist you in your studies.