Why is the PMP Exam Changing?
In conjunction with the September 2017 release of the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition, PMI has updated the PMP exam. This ensures consistent use of terminology and harmonizes process groups, tools and techniques between the Guide and the exam.
Although it does not test your knowledge of the PMBOK® Guide, it is one of the primary references for the exam. Please note, the PMP exam content outline will not be updated.
What is Changing?
If you’re utilizing the PMBOK® Guide as a study tool for the exam, you can expect to find the following updates in thePMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition:
- A new chapter on the role of the project manager that focuses on effective leadership — including necessary competencies, experience and skills.
- Two renamed Knowledge Areas that more accurately reflect which elements can be managed and which cannot:
- Schedule Management (formerly known as Time Management)
- Resource Management (formerly known as Human Resource Management)
- Every Knowledge Area now features four new sections:
- Key Concepts
- Trends and Emerging Practices
- Tailoring Considerations
- Considerations for Agile/Adaptive Environments